Pages

Sunday, October 14, 2007

twisted relationships

I'm your typical girl.
I am brown-skinned, I have a long black mane.
I wear casual clothes - usually a V-necked top that extends around 5 inches below my knee, jeans, flip flops or sandals...usually these days, I wear my havas coz they are comfortable.
I have my big purse, the kind that looks as if I'm stowing away from home and my mobile phone on right hand.

In some days, I look tousled -- as if I just got lucky last night -- where I have that sultry look where a secret grin is almost concealed...a grin most likely because I'm sharing a private joke with this gorgeous man beside me.

And the moments we've shared are all worth its weight in gold.
Not only does he make me laugh, he brings me food when I'm in the mood to eat pizza and nothing else, or he would spoil me with ice cream if he thinks the time is right. He cleans my place if it's too messy...He brings me the latest lip gloss that will soon eventually become my favorite until he brings me another one.
We stare at each other's eyes and faces while we stifle our giggles.
we do little hand signals that drives us to blush.
He touches my face, he whispers funny little nothings.
We banter.
we tease.
we flirt...

just about anything a great relationship can give you.

He is the perfect man -- for that next hottie to pass by. You see, he is my gay bestfriend. And no matter how good looking he may look- fact remains that we both prefer the same sex. Relationship with a gay friend, especially with a good looking one is the ultimate friendship with the opposite sex.It is a friendship where boundaries need not to be vague as there is no line to cross in the first place...or so we thought.

I have no problem with our friendship but some women get the illusion of being in love with their gay friends. A scenario that will always result to disillusionment. You see, when you are friends with someone gay and you are a woman, the relationship is just so great. Both of you just can't have enough of each other. I, for one thing, just can't get enough of him. Whatever might happen to me, be it good or bad, I have to tell him. His number is the most dialled and texted number in my phone. I see something good, I have to tell him. I lost my purse, my phone, my heel broke, I'm stranded, I have no money, I found a lottery ticket, i forgot something, my ear hurts, I have a bad hair day ....eveyrthing -- he must know...
I go to his place often or he stays and sleeps with me...and sleeps with me on the same bed.
We have a favorite restaurant.
We ogle at the bodies of men in the gym.
We exchange intimacies -- in and out of bed -- except that we don't have sex.
We share a relationship where we share everything except for our men.

And some women gets overwhelmed with that kind of relationship that they find themselves thinking of building a relationship with their gay bestfriend, making their efforts to date other men unsuccesful.

The often fatal mistake they do is that they start to compare the men they meet to the fag they so love. And most often than not, the men end up short. Heck, all men will end up short - they are clumsy, they are insensitive, and they hate shopping. Most often than not, the emotional support you get from them is a grunt and his span of attention is as long as that advertisement running on tv. Most of us straight women who has a gay bestfriend wishes to have a relationship with men that reflects the one that we have with our fab fag. Someone who can understand us when we rant about how the weather makes our hair dry, or how our officemate is trying to ruin our work, or how we find the shoes of Carrie in Sex and the city just irresistible. Someone who knows the value of a sale. Someone who would go crazy over the next johnny depp film. Who stops to watch baseball to accompany us to the theater...

but that is a tall order...and something that we might not want if served in a silver platter....and besides...our gay bestfriends would trade the giggles he's having with us for a great night with another gay lover...
at least, with our men, when he says, he's with his buddies, drinking or playing poker...they are really drinking or playing poker or something...just imagine how devasting it would be if we find out they're engaged in eachother's arms -- locked in french kiss....eowww.

No comments: