Predictions for 2008 from Daily Grail
This I-Ching symbol indicates thunder on top of earth. There are 2 “yin’s” covering 1 “yang”, implying that most countries in the world would still to suffer, especially those that had been strong in the past. The world may have to suffer from many wild fires caused by thunder. Inevitably there would be many arguments , battles and wars, especially among southern countries .
On the opposite, China would enjoy the power of the uprising “yang” and advances even further in its economies. This may be a year with many activities involving the sun, such as those “black spots”, involving electromagnetic interferences on earth.
This may be a record year for single old ladies to re-marry. Marriage involving older women and younger men would continue. The world’s political picture, especially USA and UK, could be very dark, owing to many terrorist attacks.
Vulnerable places are such as South Africa, South America, Guangdong. If you live or visit such places, be more cautious. There would be plenty of water problems worldwide, such as flooding. The polar ice will speed up its melting process, thus increasing the water level in the oceans. Low-line islands may be endangered. Mudslides, cracks in high-rise buildings would be commonplace. Old cities may experience more problems with underground water systems. Because this is a year of “Male-Male” connection, there may be problems with the homosexual community, including divorces and murder-suicides. On the bright side, this is a good year for economic recoveries. Many businesses would do well.
The controlling force is the central “1-White”. It causes many extreme phenomena among central countries. In particular, China would climb to another new height in its economic development. Middle East would experience new turmoil, resulting in huge up’s and down’s in the world stock market. Central Canada’s real estate may experience a buyers’ market.
This is the “money” centre. Japan would benefit from it. It would try to befriend China, more so than the USA. China’s Shandong, Shanghai, Suzhou, Hangzhou and coastal cities would prosper. Canada’s Maritime Provinces and U.S. eastern states would also do well.
This is the “joy” center. This is also the future money center. There would be plenty of joyous events such as weddings, promotions and births. However, it is also subject to fires, affecting areas such as Taiwan, Guangdong, Florida, Georgia, Ontario and Scarborough in Canada’s Toronto. Much fire may be caused by thunderstorms or electric wirings.
This may be the most exciting center of all. It is both the “triple conflict” and “five yellow” centers. Hence it requires a lot more attention than normal. Southern countries such as South America, South Africa, India and Australia would be rocked either politically or natural disaster. There would be robberies, muggings and contagious illnesses. South-facing houses likewise should pay attention to the security of both people and the premises. A good feng shui practitioner should be able to help.
This center is somewhat receding. It becomes a center vulnerable to robberies and legal conflicts. Places such as Tibet ( China), Southern California, Southern BC and Alberta ( Canada) could be affected.
This is the “arguments” center and is the second worst center this year. It would involve controversies, legal conflicts, wars and battles. It is mostly represented by UK and USA. There would be major happenings in these countries, such as terrorist attacks. In USA, such events may happen even before the federal election, in which a female president should prevail. BC ( Canada) may suffer from any labor problems.
This is the “sickness” center, especially to do with food. Representative places are such as the North-West Territories ( Canada), North Western China and the Baltic countries in Europe
This is the center of change and travel. Even though it is somewhat receding, it is enhanced by the year’s controlling star “1”. Hence finally it would continue to do well. It is represented by both Canada and Russia. Unlike last year, there would be a lot more rainfalls
This is the “learning” center. It benefits those in analytical businesses. There would many scholars from this center, represented by North-Eastern China, Canada’s Maritime Provinces, and Boston (USA). Likewise, those houses with north-west main entrance would have smart children this year.
This year is composed of “ earth rat ” year, “wooden tiger” month, “ wooden dog ” day and “ wooden dog ” hour. There are 3 “wood” elements in this combination, resulting in good news concerning land and real estate. The “tiger” and “dog” form an empty connection that causes things to be unstable, especially reflected by the world stock markets. The conflict between an equal number of wood and earth elements makes the world more polarized – between poor and rich, between the western world and the terrorists. Countries which can act as the middle agent to reconcile such situations will prevail – such as China.
Business involving “fire, earth or wood ” would do well. Those involving “ metal or water ” had to work much harder.Top of the list is “fire”. It is typified by both high tech and energy sectors. Examples are electronics, computers.
- Nano technology will become commonplace. Hence Apple Computers will do very well, followed by Black Berry.
- There would be many business mergers , especially in the hi-tech sector. Many new fast growing hi-tech venture firms would appear .
- Environmentally sensitive products will come out in big droves.
- Real estate is more extreme. It would favor areas in the North but not the South. Hence the Canadian real estate market would still out perform USA South part of cities such as Canada’s Toronto downtown would not do as well its outskirts. However, there would be new tall buildings being built in the downtown core still. Other places such as London, Moscow, and Tokyo would enjoy a surge in their real estate prices.
- There would be some kind of breakthroughs in cancer treatments.
- Food businesses would do well too, especially those targeting weddings and births.
- Gold and Metals would do well in general but Metals businesses may suffer, especially Northern American cars . There would be major layoffs.
- Textiles would do well, for the first time in many years, especially those targeting the Beijing Olympics.
- Soda Water businesses also would be outperformed by Pure Water.
- Travel industry would do well in the north , especially mountainous areas .
- Favorable Business (Fire, Earth, Metal)
- Those driven by new energy sources
- Wind-related businesses, such as windmills
- Nuclear plants coming back alive
- Electronics and computer/storage media ( such as computer part s , consumer items, mobile phones ) , especially those with Nano technology
- Communications and Internet : machines would become smaller and smaller and yet more and more all-encompassing
- Show business
- New building materials
- House renovations
- Food businesses
- Real Estate values would become far more selective. While most sectors would somewhat slow down, quality ones would continue to prosper in growing areas such as Toronto, California, Tokyo, Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong, etc.
- Unfavorable Businesses (Wood, Water)
- Metals and Machinery
- Travel / Transportation – there would be more aviation companies running into financial troubles and air accidents
- Female power predominates in this year’s world politics. Many countries may elect female presidents, including the USA. However, controversies would also be abundant. This is not really a good year to head up countries such as the USA or UK. There would also be many “xxx Gate” problems in the world.
- Canada would continue to enjoy its political stability. There would not be much change in it leadership or heads of state.
- Canada ’s Toronto would continue to suffer financially and would be outperformed by its surrounding cities and towns.
- Japan would try to befriend China, resulting in huge economic gains.
- South and North Korea would intensify their talk of peace, which eventually would lead to their re-unification.
- Taiwan ’s Kuomin Tang would win the election – making it one step closer to re-unification with China.
- Hong Kong would do well. Its political picture would be stable. However, controversies would continue, especially those involving female politicians .
- UK and USA may have to face another round of terrorist attacks, especially in both the south and west sides of the country.
Overall, we are into a good year , especially in the oriental countries such as China and Japan. . People’s living standards would improve. More large corporations would be headed by the female.
The fastest growing country would continue to be China . India may have a setback because of terrorism and natural disasters . The Chinese dollar will appreciate. The Canadian dollar would continue to grow beyond the US dollar . USA’s deficit will balloon even further . Drugs would be a major problem in both USA and Canada.
Countries in South American and Africa would have to endure many natural and human disasters.
Interest rates in North America would continue to be low.
- Fiscal deficits would be well under control at most levels of governments
- Interest rates will stay low and prime rates will fluctuate between 4 - 6 %
- Can $ will fluctuate between $0.95 and $1.10 US.
- TS X should fluctuate between 14,000 and 16,000 points
- Corporations would continue to be leaner and meaner with consolidation and centralized control
- Many CEO’s would continue to change, with some corporate heads to be female
- Canadian companies would continue to expand into the US and buy out US companies
- More US chain companies would buy into the Canadian market
- Competition among all businesses will be more fierce than before
- Steady economic growth ( 3-4 %)
- Unemployment rate to stay low ( 5- 7 %)
- World Climate Pattern
- The world climates would continue to be unstable, with many more thunder storms. They may in turn many forest fires. The Sun’s black spots may cause much Earth’s interference. Flooding problems would be abundant in both southern and northern countries. Weather pattern would be milder than the past year.
There would be fewer serous illnesses than the past year. Most problems seem to be related to water and air. Hence, the ultimate is to keep your health in check by doing good exercises such as yoga, qigong or Tai Chi .
Projection for the World Stock Markets
- February Positive
- March: Positive
- April: First half of month better than second half
- May Positive
- June Positive, but with volatility
- July Positive
- August : Negative
- September : Negative
- October: Second half of month better than first half
- November : First half of month better than second half
- December: First half of month better than second half
- January (2009): Positive
All things on earth go in cycles – both high and low. By understanding the rules of nature, we can become happier and more successful. I hope these predictions would benefit my readers around the world .