Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Street Bubbles


I recently attended Discover Davao Photography Workshop by Jojie Alcantara and Rhonson Ng last March 19-20.  During the workshop Rhonson Ng showcased his photography works and one shot that captivated me was this photo of a person, on a sunset , blowing bubbles.  I said to myself that I would get one and opportunity came when my little brother invited me– well not really invited, but rather mandated me to take photos of his son graduating in – ehem – kindergarten.
At the graduation, this old man was selling balloons and bubbles!  To entice the children to buy, he would blow bubbles that attract kids to his corner without him having to move to sell his goodies.  Upon seeing the bubbles, kids literally would flock and play….and eventually drag their parents to his side of the gym to buy a bubble set. Ingenious marketing.
Because the gym had a lot of people, I opted to crouch on the ground to take a shot of him with the ceiling as the background.  My first shots were of him blowing bubbles with all the people in the background looked so clustered that you can hardly concentrate on the bubbles.  Needless to say, I was not happy with it…so I moved back, got on my knees and angled my camera upward towards him.
Manong was situated in an area where the sun’s light is abundantly reaching him but because of the roof, it kinda softened the harsh lines the light might have caused.  I positioned my back towards the sun while manong was kinda facing it.
Pictures are unedited.
Shutter Speed: 1/40
Aperture: f/4.4
Lens: EF28-90mm

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.