The heavens shifted and the astrologists who favor the tidiness of the 12 zodiac sign must acknowledge the 13th constellation to maintain accuracy, says Betty Mattison Rhodes.
- Capricorn: Jan. 20 – Feb. 16
- Aquarius: Feb. 17 – March 11
- Pisces: March 12- April 18
- Aries: April 19- May 13
- Taurus: May 14- June 21
- Gemini: June 21- July 20
- Cancer: July 21- Aug. 10
- Leo: Aug. 11- Sept. 16
- Virgo: Sept. 17- Oct. 30
- Libra: Oct. 31- Nov. 23
- Scorpio: Nov. 23- Nov. 29
- Ophiuchus: Nov. 30- Dec. 17
- Sagittarius: Dec. 18- Jan. 20
Ophiuchus is believe to have represented Greek mythology characters that include Asclepius the healer,Trojan priest Laocoon, who was killed by sea serpents, and Phorbas, who rescued theRhodeans from the plague of serpents. (Michelle Esguerra, Batangas Today)Ophiucus is the only sign linked to a real Man, some believed it to represent greek mythology characters but according to Rhodes, this sign represented Imhotep, 27th Century BCE. Imhotep is known to the Greeks as Aesclepius.
Imhotep is credited with many accomplishments including the knowledge and use of medicine. It is said of Imhotep that he brought the art of healing to mankind. The symbol of a serpent [or snake], which is still widely used today to represent the medical profession, was used to represent Imhotep. Imhotep was also known as 'Aesclepius' to the ancient Greeks, but by any name the attributes are still all the same.Ophiuchus is described as a mand holding a serpent, dividing the snake in two parts. This image was patterned after Enki, a Sumerian god and the original serpent holder. One famous symbol that uses this sign is the medical staff. It was believed that Imhotep was credited with many accomplishments including the introduction of the art of healing to mankind.
The Greeks identified him as Asclepius, the god of medicine. Asclepius was the son of Apollo and Coronis (although some say that his mother was Arsinoë). The story goes that Coronis two-timed Apollo by sleeping with a mortal, Ischys, while she was pregnant by Apollo. A crow brought Apollo the unwelcome news, but instead of the expected reward the crow, which until then had been snow-white, was cursed by Apollo and turned black.
In a rage of jealousy, Apollo shot Coronis with an arrow. Rather than see his child perish with her, Apollo snatched the unborn baby from its mother’s womb as the flames of the funeral pyre engulfed her, and took the infant to Chiron, the wise centaur (represented in the sky by the constellation Centaurus).
Chiron raised Asclepius as his own son, teaching him the arts of healing and hunting. Asclepius became so skilled in medicine that not only could he save lives, he could also raise the dead. (Ian Ridpaths, Star Tales)When Hades realized that dead souls might stop entering hell if this practice is known to many, he complained to Zeus and Zeus striked Asclepius with a thunderbolt. Apollo, enraged by this harsh treatment of his son, killed the three cyclops that forged Zeus' thunderbolts. To soothe Apollo's anger, Zeus made Ophiuchus immortal by setting him up in the stars.
LIST OF KEY WORDS DESCRIBING THE SIGN OF OPHIUCHUS
- interpreter of dreams, vivid premonitions,
- attracts good luck and fruitful blessings,
- serpent holder, lofty ideals,
- a seeker of peace and harmony,
- doctor of medicine or science, natural-pathic,
- adds, increases, joins, or gathers together
- poetical, inventive nature, expanding qualities,
- seeks higher education and wisdom,
- overseer, supervisor of work,
- fame - either grand, or completely misunderstood,
- longevity, aspirations of healing the ills of man,
- architect, builder, reaches for the stars, figuratively and literally,
- tax assessor, or levys taxes,
- astrological talents, intuitive,
- large family indicated, but apt to be separated from them when young,
- the number twelve holds great significance,
- foresight and good fortune to benefit from hard times,
- has secret enemies in family or close associations,
- many jealous of this subject,
- notable father, apple of father's eye when young,
- high position in life expected [depending on aspects] highest fame and legend comes after death
- feelings of granular, wise, genius mentality,
- likes to wear clothing of vibrant colors, and plaids in particular,
- receives the favor of those in authority.
Is this for real? OMG. I'm still looking for some Advil.
apparently yes, everybody gets a new sign for 2011. advil might be in the kitchen counter =)
ok i dont care what this says im ALWAYS going to be a Gemini
ok nasty eyed gemini,you can't help it if you are your own evil twin
this new find will cause so many people around to change their signs and i see a whole new rush of finding traits to this news zodiac sign...
@anonymous - haha yeah well, what is interesting is this shift is only possible evry 3,000 years...nobody can relate to this change until the next thousands of years. which is cool....gemini or no gemini =P
Post a Comment